]
EEA-based end users: There are no ads on this site. Us it at your own discretion.

LOCAL LITERARY EVENTS:

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Goldfinch suggestion

When you are reading The Goldfinch, I suggest that each time an artist is mentioned, you image search for works by that artist. As an example, she mentioned Adriaen Coorte, a Dutch artist I was not familiar with. His still lives are well worth examining.

2 comments:

ClaudiaH said...

Great idea! Thanks, DennisI am going to bring a photo of The Goldfinch, but I don't know how to get it to be visible to everyone. I thought about passing around my tablet, but it's sensitive to touch and would probably end up bringing up Facebook or the weather or, worse, a blank screen and losing whatever is on the screen that we'd be passing around. I will think about it and would appreciate suggestions about it. -Claudia

Atrox said...

I hope everyone really works to finish the book before our meeting. Lots to discuss in there, but only if we read it all.